Tuesday, March 09, 2021

Back Again

 Here I am again - a reader pointed out that I've been quiet for some five days, and wondered if I'd had a bad reaction to my second Covid shot. That is not the case - my arm was quite sore and lame, and I felt tired, but that all went away after about 24 hours. It is difficult for me to be on my computer for very long because my vision is not focusing well. I go for my regular shots (both eyes) tomorrow. Jamie will go with me to drive - it wouldn't be good for me to try to drive after the shots, especially if it is a sunny day, which is promised. I'm hoping my eyes will begin to improve after that. Going too long between shots a while back seems to have messed up my vision; but I'm hoping over time I can get back to where I was two months ago. So in the meantime, I have to limit how much time I spend on the computer or pay dearly for it by being assaulted by bouts of vertigo.

My friend, Mary Whitcomb, sent me these photos that her son, Dale took. Clearly, there is a special gene in the Whitcomb family for photography. I enjoyed these photos so much, I asked permission to post them for you all to see.




A special thanks to Dale for letting me share these photos. It's always fun to watch the antics of squirrels, and I love the picture of one in mid air. The other isn't probably the squirrel's best side . . . !

Everyone take care and enjoy the spring weather coming at us tomorrow! Don't forget to set your clocks ahead this coming weekend! It seems too soon to be doing that, but the calendar doesn't lie, and spring is truly right around the corner. 

Jamie and I were wondering what mud season will look like this year. It's hard to tell, but he said there are already some serious potholes on the flat by the Dimick, Hamilton and Walker properties.  With luck, the potholes won't evolve into a mud bog - but it's hard to tell, and there's a long way to go before the frost will be all out of the road. Rain later this week will help. Another trouble spot is always up the hill on the Danville end of West Shore Road just before Route 2. One thing is sure: there will be at least some mud and a few bad travel days on all the dirt roads around the pond. But after it's dried up, we can look forward to sun and summer with dusty roads and green grass!

No comments:

Spring Thoughts and Trials

 I heard the first frogs of the season on Tuesday. I was working on getting my porch set up ready for summer weather and realized there were...