Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Ice-Out Contest Update

 On days like today we begin to think more seriously about when the ice will be out of the pond. The flag for the Joe's Pond Ice-Out Contest will be in place on March at, according to Larry Rossi.  Interest in the contest is gaining momentum and Michelle Walker has just done an interview with a student at NVU in Lyndon. It will air at 5:30 tomorrow, Thursday, March 11. You can tune in HERE.

Don't put off getting your Ice-Out tickets, though. Tickets are only available until midnight, April 1, and that is only a couple of weeks away! You can go to the Joe's Pond website and fill them out on line and either print them and send with your check or go to the pay-on-line page and buy 10. Printed tickets are available at the outlets listed on the website, or contact one of the committee members: Diane Rossi, 563-6088; Michelle Walker, 563-2357; or Mary Anne Cassani, 684-2195.

The eye shots went very well today and I'm pretty comfortable working on the computer, but plan on keeping work sessions short. It's a bit of a struggle when the sun is out - the reflection off the snow is tough on my eyes after the shots, but sunglasses help. It was a nice day to be out and about, and I enjoyed my time (unmasked!) with Jamie. I've now had both shots and feel comfortable around family I know have not been exposed to the virus. Things are looking up!

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...