Friday, December 14, 2018

This information came from Paige Crosby today. This is something that really should have been done a long time ago - we are just really fortunate there hasn't been a tragedy there. So glad Lindsay and Paige took the initiative to get this done:
 
I wanted to report to the JPA that the State of Vermont has installed a fence on the river bank across from the Hasting's Store.  Many thanks to Lindsay Kurrle who took this right to Joe Flynn at the Department of Transportation after the last JPA meeting in August.  I emailed them a few days later and they were aware of the area and it is now fenced.  It was always my fear that a child would slip down that bank and be whisked away over the dam.  I am not a lover of chain linked fence but that 30 feet of steep bank always terrified me.  It is now much safer.
Happy Holidays.
Paige Crosby

So many thanks to both of these women for getting the job done!

 

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...