Wednesday, August 10, 2022

 I've decided the best I can do for subscribers is for you to contact me at janebrowncabot@gmail.com so I can create a subscriber's list and manage it myself. Feedburner was the host for the subscriber list on blogger.com, and that is no longer available. Had I paid attention, I might have been able to move the list when notification came out back in 2021, but because it still worked (and I depended completely on Fred for technical stuff on the blog) I simply didn't even try to do anything. In this case, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it," wasn't the best solution to a duly-warned change. Now I will maintain a separate address list of subscribers and when I post, I'll send out emails, but I will never share your email address. All emails will be blind copied so your privacy is intact.

I may change hosts in the future - I'll continue to look into that, but for the time being, this will work. I've posted notice on the Subscriber List at the right of your screen.

This morning when I spoke with Jamie, I told him about the house being built atop the famous scenic hillside, and he knew exactly where it was and that it was called "Latin Gate." He knew it from growing up in St. Johnsbury and partying there as a teenager. I didn't know about those parties, but I'm not surprised kids went there. I know his father did when he was a teenager - actually, it was Ray (the boys' dad) who showed me the spot originally. It was after I met him, but before we were married, that Lucille and I worked at Lesnick's and went there for lunch breaks.

Today the air is cooler and fresher than it's been in over a week. I'm showing only 70 degrees, and it's mid-morning. I need to get outside and get some work done before the heat comes back tomorrow. At least we don't have the sun burning down on us today, and that's a big relief.

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...