Tuesday, September 22, 2020

They Do Windows!

 Here is something you will be happy to know about, I'm betting. A new service is available in our area - "Nick's Window Cleaning and More". Nick is an experienced window washer, and he will also clean rain gutters, power wash home exteriors, and clean indoor and outdoor light fixtures. Now we're all feeling the cooler weather, we know it's time to get things cleaned up - especially windows! - ready for winter. Whether it's your home, camp or business, it's great to get windows done before snow flies. Nobody wants to spend the whole winter looking out through murky windows, and rain gutters should be cleaned before fall rains - so give Nick a call at 1-203-648-5195, or email him at: nickwoodwindows@gmail.com.

A few days ago I mentioned here that a friend had contacted me wondering if I knew the whereabouts of his cousin, Erlene Barnett. Yesterday morning I went on line to read the Caledonian Record, and when I got to the obituaries, there she was! It has been at least 60 years since I've seen Erlene, but still, when I saw the photo, I immediately though, she looks very familiar! The obit was sketchy on her background, but as I read through, I knew for sure it was my old friend from high school. I was surprised she was living in California and had a large family - no mention of her parents or siblings. I called my friend, John, and told him the sad news. He had no idea she was in California, and seemed to know very little more about her life after she left Cabot than I did, even though she was his cousin. He was glad to have the information, and now, like me, he's probably wondering how so many years could have passed and why we lose track of people we care about. Chalk it up to living busy lives and suddenly we are old and looking back, wondering where the years have gone - then we reach out to old friends. Sometimes too late.

No comments:

News & Chatter

I was saddened this morning when I read in the Caledonian Record that Archie Prevost passed away. Archie was well known around Joe's P...