This is such a nice thing for the community and the Larrabee family. I learned today that some very caring people have organized a
tribute to Jane Larrabee by offering to place colorful ribbons on
the railing outside the store in her memory. Dot Larrabee told me the organizers, Lori Fleurie (lori_137@yahoo.com or 802-684-3980) and her daughter, Gabby Potts are searching for more ribbon because there have been so many requests. Contact Lori if you would like a ribbon with your name on it on the railing. It is a lovely gesture by a very caring community. Because of this pandemic, there will be no service for Jane at this time and many people are heeding the advice of doctors and our governor and staying at home, so this is a wonderful way to let Jane's family know she was loved and is missed and even though we may not be able to express our feelings in person, we can pay tribute to her in this beautiful way.
Several people have contacted me after seeing the announcement on the blog, expressing their sadness at the news of Jane's passing. I had a call from Harry Rudin in Switzerland today, and others have emailed. Jane touched many, many lives and her kindness will not be forgotten.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's Autumn in the Kingdom!
First of all, I goofed last week and somehow a message from Barry Cahoon with an update on our milfoil successes this summer failed to get p...
-
Winter is still here, and so is the Ice-Out Contest block! No sign of it sinking yet! As I write this, we are having another snow squall - ...
-
The past couple of weeks have been pretty busy and today I took a little time to go through some of my files to see what needs to be put aw...
-
It is always sad when I have to report that someone close to the Joe[s Pond community has passed away. I recently learned that a long-time J...
No comments:
Post a Comment