Here's the Ice Report for this morning, April 4, 2020:
Stakes supporting line attached to block and shore are tipping but the flag and block look intact. Diane reports mostly mole activity on her lawn, otherwise all is quite on the waterfront this morning.
We have warmer weather coming this weekend, but also some nasty rain/snow mix, so no big melt in the very near future. However be assured it's melting from underneath and that's what makes it so dangerous to be out on the ice this time of the year. Please DO NOT get your exercise by walking on the ice. It's way too early to go for a swim, and that's what you might find yourself doing.
Stay safe, healthy, and enjoy a quiet day at Joe's Pond.
Saturday, April 04, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's Autumn in the Kingdom!
First of all, I goofed last week and somehow a message from Barry Cahoon with an update on our milfoil successes this summer failed to get p...
-
Winter is still here, and so is the Ice-Out Contest block! No sign of it sinking yet! As I write this, we are having another snow squall - ...
-
The past couple of weeks have been pretty busy and today I took a little time to go through some of my files to see what needs to be put aw...
-
It is always sad when I have to report that someone close to the Joe[s Pond community has passed away. I recently learned that a long-time J...

No comments:
Post a Comment