A really nice spring day today. I'm not sure how high the temperature got, but in the general area of low 40s, I'd guess. We took a walk in the afternoon and because the road is muddy, we decided to go up Jamie and Marie's driveway and then Fred convinced me to go "off road" into the woods. I was reluctant - I hate walking a few steps on hard-packed snow only to suddenly break through and end up with a boot full of snow, so it took a bit of time and some demonstration before I agreed to take the woods route. But Fred was right, and although I did break through a couple of times, it was mostly perfectly firm underfoot, even in the deep woods. I love it when it's like that - you can go just about anywhere with no weeds tugging at your legs and best of all, no ticks! It was all because of the rain and crust that formed a week or so ago, and then we've had a few inches of new snow on top that has apparently insulated it and kept the crust from melting. So we enjoyed the fresh air and our back woods - this time without snowshoes!
I have a book meeting tomorrow. It will be good to see Dot and Patty - it's been a while since we've met, so there will be lots of catching up to do. We have decisions to make now that we are finished with writing the body of the book. Mostly we will be selecting photos and figuring out what comes next. It's been a long road, but I think we've compiled a pretty amazing record of West Danville's history - including Joe's Pond, of course. I'll probably have more to report tomorrow, after our meeting. Stay tuned . . . !
Sunday, March 08, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Buttoning Up for Winter!
When I mentioned a couple days ago that there will be a turkey dinner served in Cabot on Saturday, September 26, I didn't have all the i...
-
This has been a chilly, rather dull day. Having to set the clocks back last night made everything a bit topsy-turvey today, I suppose, but ...
-
Winter is still here, and so is the Ice-Out Contest block! No sign of it sinking yet! As I write this, we are having another snow squall - ...
-
The past couple of weeks have been pretty busy and today I took a little time to go through some of my files to see what needs to be put aw...
No comments:
Post a Comment