Thursday, September 19, 2019

Gretchen Farnsworth  sent this photo today, taken this morning. When I first looked at it I thought it looked like ice particles in the water, but Gretchen assured me it wasn't THAT cold last night, and it is really weeds. Pickerel grass, I think. However, the air was pretty chilly and the pond is warmer than the air, thus the fog. Pretty neat, right? Thanks, Gretchen. Really nice picture.

It was right on the freezing mark here last night. There were some ice crystals on the plastic we used to cover our tomato plants - but according to the forecast, we're in for some summery weather for the next several days. Then much needed rain next week.

We are excited that our granddaughter, Tangeni, is playing her first soccer game at Cabot tomorrow afternoon. I'm sure it will be fun to watch - she's only in third grade, and just beginning to learn the game, so I expect there will be lots of mistakes and mishaps. The weather looks pretty good, although by the time the little ones get to play it may be getting pretty chilly. They won't mind the chill, but you can bet Grandpa and I are going to go prepared! We promised her big sister Jo-Ann in Texas that we'd take pictures to send to her. Grandpa Fred has a mission!

No comments:

Regulations and Seasonal Changes

 The change to Vermont's boating regulations regarding wake boats went into effect on April 15. One of the new regulations I wasn't...