Saturday, February 02, 2019

One more interesting thing from Mary Whitcomb - actually her son sent her the link and she passed it on to me. I thought it was really interesting; also, I read the whole article and listened to the nutty bird at the end that mimics whatever he hears in the forest! Here's the LINK.
     We went to Cabot this morning to recycle an old VCR that is no
 longer compatible with our TV. The snowbanks are impressive along the Cabot Plain Road. When we got on the other side of the Plain (facing west) there seemed to be less snow until we got into the Village. There, snow was piled high on the common, especially by the school and where Danville Hill Road connects to Main Street.

     Coming back by the Burtt farm, there were a lot of turkeys mingling with the herd of beef cattle and in the distance I could see at least two turkeys roosting high in some maple trees while others were foraging on the ground. They are such a big bird, it's hard to miss them when they are roosting in a leafless tree. I got a few pictures.
     Our day has remained overcast, so any groundhog that was out and about here would not have seen his shadow. However, I doubt there will be an early spring - right now we are so used to having zero degrees registering on the thermometer, spring seems really far off. You never know, though. In the meantime, it's snowing lightly again, I have a reading of 18.7F and no wind to deal with so far. I think we are expected to get some very warm weather and rain within the next few days, but here at Joe's Pond it could be all snow. That's it from here for today. Another day, another snow storm.








No comments:

Spring Thoughts and Trials

 I heard the first frogs of the season on Tuesday. I was working on getting my porch set up ready for summer weather and realized there were...