Sunday, February 24, 2019

    Just in case you didn't get the link for Marti Talbot's blog about their trip to the Antarctic, here it is again (Link). I just looked at the photos again - it must have been a very interesting trip. 
     Yesterday morning when the sun was just getting fairly high, I took a picture from our living room window of the trees all covered with sparkling frost. Then I got busy and forgot to post it, but because today has been dreary and spitting rain at us, I remembered it.
    We have had some of the nasty weather forecast, but without the promised wind - so far. We had some gusts around noon, but now it is relatively calm and the rain seems to be turning to snow. Of course it is! 
     I measured an inch of new snow this morning, but the rain will have settled what we had a bit. Still, there's a lot on the ground. As near as I could tell by looking at my backyard measuring post yesterday, there was about 30 inches of snow on the ground. At least in that spot. And that's enough.
    Drive carefully, and watch out for the other guys on the road.

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...