Monday, January 21, 2019

It's been cold today. Our thermometer hasn't been out of the sub-zero range all day, hovering around six or eight below. At one point about mid-day I looked at the thermometer and wind chill was registering -25 degrees. I knew it was bitterly cold from going outside to measure the new snowfall this morning. When I came in, Fred mentioned I'd cleared the deck and got all my measurements in record time. In case you are wondering, I don't let anybody shovel the snow off the deck because that's where I take measurements. Fred is inclined to throw the snow over the railings and often snow will sift back over the deck, depending on wind conditions, and that could skew my measurements. Anyway, it's not a big thing, but I like doing it myself - besides, I need the exercise. Some days that's about all the real exercise I get, being at my computer so much. 
    This morning was nose-pinching cold and the wind was bitterly cold, right out of the north. Later Fred took a turn around the three driveways he looks out for with the snowblower, but he didn't linger long, either. We had only about 1.5 inches of new snow after I measured yesterday afternoon. The total for this storm was about 18 inches here. Not overwhelming, but combined with the cold and the wind, it is a miserable storm, and not quite over with as the wind is still howling and snow is  blowing around, drifting and making visibility difficult.
     Stay warm and safe, warmer weather (and rain and probably ice!) are coming soon.

No comments:

Regulations and Seasonal Changes

 The change to Vermont's boating regulations regarding wake boats went into effect on April 15. One of the new regulations I wasn't...