Sunday, September 16, 2018

I'm going to take a minute to comment on an occurrence tonight that brought me right out of my chair. It was the very loud booms of what sounded at first like an explosion, and then more like gunshots. It turned out to be harmless fireworks somewhere down on the pond, but both Fred and I experienced a moment of terror - the explosions outside of Boston, the all too common shootings - all these things have some of us just a bit skittish. And it was almost eleven o'clock - later than one would think someone would be out shooting off fireworks. I rushed to the door and turned on the front porch lights, and that was when I saw the display of fireworks high above the trees - I'm guessing the party was in the vicinity Channel Drive. I am happy it was just some sort of celebration; but it makes me sad that the first thing that came to our minds was that something something bad was happening.

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...