Tuesday, September 18, 2018


 Yesterday I had a nice note and some great pictures from my friend Mary in Duxbury. She has sent other wonderful photos over the years that I have usually shared with readers here. Here are her latest, along with her note:

 Hi Jane,  Yesterday, I met my son, Dale at Chimney Point for an interesting walk over the Lake Champlain Bridge narrated by administrator, Elsa Gilbertson of the Chimney Point Museum and historian, Thomas Hughes.  

 I drove Route 17 over a gap from Waitsfield to Buels Gore and saw a pair of pretty horses with fall colors already showing up. 



 There was a hops farm, too.  




In Bristol, I stopped to admire these beautiful glads against the white picket fence.



  I saw this beautiful hawk in Addison and Bryan Pfeiffer has verified to me that it is an immature Red-Tailed Hawk.  



On my return home, I saw some para gliders in Addison, 






and I stopped briefly in Fayston to admire the Bragg Farm barn & some red leaves. Mary.


Thank you, Mary - it was a joy to "join you" on your travels on Sunday.
 
I have posted these as smaller images, but when you click on one of them you can then enjoy a slideshow.















No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...