Monday, July 23, 2018

Wild Wild West -- Danville!

We heard on the late news last night and read the police report this morning about the altercation at the fishing access here at Joe's Pond yesterday evening. This is not something we normally have had to put up with. An occasional night-time party at the fishing access with rowdy participants that had to be dispersed, and maybe some good-natured yelling or singing, loud music, etc., that disturbs the peace but gun shots? A whole different story. I suspect there is a lot more to this story, but we will probably never know the whole of it. In the meantime, I guess all we can do is report rowdy disturbances earlier than we normally would to let the authorities handle whatever is going on before things get out of control. I'm glad nobody was hurt. 
     It is scary, and I feel apologetic that this has happened. We have many new people here and they came to Joe's Pond expecting peace and tranquility, and this weekend we gave them gunshots and fright. I hope it will help to know this is highly unusual and we trust it will not become otherwise.

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...