Tuesday, October 17, 2017

You just never know when something special is going to come your way.  Today has been intense for me - I've been working diligently on one of the chapters for the West Danville history book, and when I returned to my computer after dinner this evening, I found an email from someone I didn't know - not unusual, I find lots of those, usually from someone looking for information about Joe's Pond, or sometimes Cabot.  But when I opened this one tonight, there was a very nice, short note: 
 Hi Jane,
I've bee following your blog since moving to Island Pond, VT four years ago. I wanted to share a few photos and a video that I made of Joe's Pond last week. You are more than welcome to share them on your blog.  John Rowe


The photos and video are spectacular.  I hope you enjoy them as much as Fred and I have.  Isn't it fun to see our pond from a totally different perspective?  Thank you, John Rowe, for sharing.  As you can see, John is a professional photographer, and does beautiful work. 
Click to make the images larger; click HERE for the video.  Enjoy! 



    In another mailbox, I found yet another nice surprise.  Diane Rossi sent me photos of Alba's 101st birthday party that the family celebrated today at Shelburne Bay with Bill.  Alba surely doesn't look anywhere near 101 years old!  She's as sharp as she looks, and always enjoys a party.   The bottom photo is Alba with her two sons, Ted and Bill.  Looks like everyone enjoyed the party.
    I'm sorry I didn't post her address so some of her Joe's Pond friends could send a note or card, but it's not too late - I'm sure she'd love to hear from any of you.  Her address is:
 Mrs. Alba Rossi, Lincoln House, Room 11, 120 Hill Street, Barre, VT 05641. 

















No comments:

Spring Thoughts and Trials

 I heard the first frogs of the season on Tuesday. I was working on getting my porch set up ready for summer weather and realized there were...