Monday, October 16, 2017

    Fall is in the air - at least this morning!  The mugginess of yesterday is gone and the air is crisp and cool.  There seemed to be some wind last night, and I can see that we've lost lots of leaves, especially on tree tops. It's time.
     A gentleman contacted me this week asking about a cottage somewhere on our pond that once belonged to a Putnam family.   I searched my files and found Ralph Putnam, of Montpelier, built a cottage here around 1916, but I do not know where on the pond that was.  If anyone happens to recognize that name, from family or perhaps from your property deed, I would appreciate knowing.  The gentleman, who's first name is Putnam and who has family ties to Craftsbury, VT, contacted me because had purchased a sign, "Camp Putnam," and the seller told him it was from Joe's Pond, VT.  The sign certainly looks like something one of our cottages would have worn, back in the day.  It looks beautifully preserved - someone probably cherished it all these years.  I don't know if the person who contacted me is a dealer or wanted it simply because his first name is Putnam - but he is interested in knowing something of the history of the sign, if possible.

No comments:

Spring Thoughts and Trials

 I heard the first frogs of the season on Tuesday. I was working on getting my porch set up ready for summer weather and realized there were...