Sunday, October 29, 2017

     Nancy Buttura brought this to my attention today via e-mail.  This is a really home-grown industry - Hooker Mountain Farm is over in South Cabot.   They now have a distillery, along with lots of other products.   I knew they were doing interesting things over there, but didn't know they've named one of their new products for Joe's Pond.  Pretty cool!  Nancy said it's now available at Vermont State Liquor Stores.
     We're experiencing the calm before the storm right now.  We've had rain most of the day, but the temperature has stayed in the 50s, so it hasn't been too dreadful.  Tonight the rain is going to increase and so will the wind.  It could knock out our power, I expect.  We had a blip around lunch time, but just an instant interruption that didn't knock me off the internet.  We might not be as lucky tonight.  So tie down anything loose - or stash it inside, otherwise you could be looking for your belongings in one of the other ponds tomorrow.  Above all, stay safe. 
 

No comments:

Spring Thoughts and Trials

 I heard the first frogs of the season on Tuesday. I was working on getting my porch set up ready for summer weather and realized there were...