Monday, October 30, 2017

    It was a pretty wild night, but we lost power only a couple of times - very briefly.   Remarkable.  I measured 1.90 in. of rainfall this morning - and it has stopped, at least for the moment.  The highest wind gust recorded here was 24.9 m.p.h.  I don't normally record wind speed, but I had a question recently about that, so will pay more attention and report that when we have a big blow.  The temperature is still mild for this time of year - 58 degrees right now.  Most of the leaves have been stripped from the trees, so it's looking kind of bleak - waiting for a fresh mantle of white.
    I'm off to the Danville Historical Society to work this morning, and I'm glad the weather has moderated.  Last night I was wondering if we might all be without power and our meeting would have to be called off.  So far, I think everything is ok, but the lights just flickered, so perhaps there's more challenges to come.  It's suddenly very still outside.  That's a bit ominous.  The lull before the storm, perhaps?  More later.  I need to get ready for my meeting.

No comments:

Spring Thoughts and Trials

 I heard the first frogs of the season on Tuesday. I was working on getting my porch set up ready for summer weather and realized there were...