It was a pretty wild night, but we lost power only a couple of times - very briefly. Remarkable. I measured 1.90 in. of rainfall this morning - and it has stopped, at least for the moment. The highest wind gust recorded here was 24.9 m.p.h. I don't normally record wind speed, but I had a question recently about that, so will pay more attention and report that when we have a big blow. The temperature is still mild for this time of year - 58 degrees right now. Most of the leaves have been stripped from the trees, so it's looking kind of bleak - waiting for a fresh mantle of white.
I'm off to the Danville Historical Society to work this morning, and I'm glad the weather has moderated. Last night I was wondering if we might all be without power and our meeting would have to be called off. So far, I think everything is ok, but the lights just flickered, so perhaps there's more challenges to come. It's suddenly very still outside. That's a bit ominous. The lull before the storm, perhaps? More later. I need to get ready for my meeting.
Monday, October 30, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's Autumn in the Kingdom!
First of all, I goofed last week and somehow a message from Barry Cahoon with an update on our milfoil successes this summer failed to get p...
-
Winter is still here, and so is the Ice-Out Contest block! No sign of it sinking yet! As I write this, we are having another snow squall - ...
-
The past couple of weeks have been pretty busy and today I took a little time to go through some of my files to see what needs to be put aw...
-
This week turned out to be a doozie for me. I had anticipated going for a follow-up on my knee on Monday, but instead ended up in the ER at ...
No comments:
Post a Comment