Tuesday, January 29, 2013

We have a new author in our Joe's Pond community.  Evelyn Richer's mother, Doris Demick, just published her first book, Mary's Treasurers.  Doris is 91 and lives on Sandy Beach Road.  Doris has been a friend for a long time - I was her secretary when she was curriculum coordinator for the St. Johnsbury school system.  We confused everyone - our last name was the same, but I spelled mine Dimick, and to my knowledge there was no family connection between her husband, George Demick and my husband, Raymond Dimick.  We've remained friends over the years, and it makes me very happy she has written this book.  It's quite an accomplishment at any age, but at 91, I think it's even more remarkable, but knowing Doris, I'm not surprised in the least.

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...