Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I just had a note from Evelyn and Ray Richer asking if we could help get the word out that here have been unattended dogs hunting in their area.  Here's what they wrote:

I wanted to contact you to see if you might post the fact that there are
two dogs (a beagle with another mixed breed dog) 'hunting' around our
house (Looking for rabbits I suppose) doing their 'hunting howling calls'
and driving our dogs crazy... which in turn disturbs our resident.  I
hate to complain, but I do believe there is a leash law when these dogs
aren't hunting (with a person)... this happens rather frequently
lately... we are just hoping whoever owns the dogs, might please restrain
them...

I gave Evelyn and Ray the Animal Control Officer Joe Guertin's number 802-748-4230, and also the Cabot Town Clerk's 802-563-3232.  We had a problem last spring with dogs around the recreation area and North Shore Road, but this may be a different situation.  Hounds like to run and are of course natural hunters, and if left on their own, will run all day, I guess.  That can be very annoying if they are in the woods nearby a residence, as in this case.  If you know who the owner of these two dogs might be, please let them know there is a problem.  

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...