Thursday, January 31, 2013

 We've lost so much snow in the past couple of days!  It's raining hard outside and even my back  thermometer is reading 40 degrees.  Two days ago I measured 18 in. of snow at the stake, yesterday morning 16 in., and this morning it's showing 8 inches.  I took this picture from our living room looking across at Route 15 late yesterday afternoon.  Soon after, the fog settled lower to the ground and I shot the picture below of the logging machine in the woods by our house, lights blazing, still working in the fog and drizzle.

 This morning there are a few more bare spots here and there, and it's raining hard right now so there will be more before the temperature drops enough to send us snow again.  We will likely have some freezing rain before the snow, and that could be trouble on the highways.  There are predictions of high winds, too.

Some of you may know that our community has made headlines again with the apparently random stabbing by West Danville resident, Rodney Hill, of a California woman in the lobby of a Littleton N. H. motel.  Here's a short clip of the WCAX report.

I haven't spoken with anyone local who knows Rodney Hill, and we don't know him, either.  It's tragic that something like this could happen, and one can't help wondering about why and how or if  this sort of thing be prevented. 

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...