Saturday, November 21, 2009

I have a couple of announcements that came in today (Saturday), so will add them to what I've already written. The first is for TONIGHT, so if you haven't already made plans, it might be a nice evening's entertainment.

MONTPELIER COMMUNITY GOSPEL CHOIR
at
The Cabot School Performing Arts Center
Saturday Nov. 21st 7PM
Suggested Sliding Scale Donation $5 | $10
A 70-member choir and rocking 8 piece band.
Be sure to check out this super high energy show on Saturday night! Feel the Groove!

*****

Cabot Community & Hunters Breakfast Series

Location: Wiley Building, Cabot Vermont (Across from Harry's Hardware)
Dates: November 21, 22, [28 & 29] tentative
Time: 5am-11am [The22 will begin at 7:00 am]
Cost: $6.50 per plate
Menu: Eggs, Toast, Bacon, Sausage, Pancakes, Juice, & Coffee

To benefit the Cabot School 8th Grade Trip to Washington DC
!

*****
There was a comment about a post around Halloween that I just received from "Steph" that was addressed to "David." I thought Steph was on David Covell's site, and that happens sometimes - and David gets messages meant for us; but after looking at it again, I realize she was actually addressing David Hale, the chef who lives in Cabot and who put on that delicious pork dinner a few weeks back!

David Hale lives in Cabot and teaches culinary arts at St. Johnsbury Academy. He isn't as close to the pond as we are, but he goes by it every day to and from work.

So, Steph, if you're reading this, I'm Jane Brown and secretary of Joe's Pond Association, so I'm not only on the pond, I'm almost "in" it. I write the blog and my husband, Fred, manages the web site (www.joespondvermont.com) and we try to keep a finger on the pulse of all things Joe's Pond, especially bringing folks together who are either away from the pond for the winter or, like you, once had a love affair with the pond and can't quite get over it. We can sometimes connect old friends, send pictures taken years ago of places and people here - even help out with genealogies because I volunteer with the Cabot Historical Society and have access to lots of old records. We invite you to reconnect with our lovely area.
Also, we're wondering what AOS is . . .

To Joe's Ponders - we got a total of .17 in. more rain in the past 24 hours. Not much more since I took the last water level reading yesterday, but there will be a lot of runoff into the pond today to keep that level up there. We'll check it again this afternoon, about the same time as yesterday, to see what's happening.

In the meantime, I'm getting ready for Thanksgiving, planning my menu and shopping list, scheduling which days I'll do what, that sort of thing. One would think I'm ever so organized - and in a way I am. What always concerns me is that I'll forget something I'd planned to do or have and last minute won't be able to make it work. So I make lists. Doesn't always work, but sure helps. I still sometimes find something that I forgot to serve still in the refrigerator after the meal is over.

Right now it's decorations, planning a centerpiece and making place cards. It's my vacation from plodding through dusty old historic papers . . .

No comments:

Spring and Reminders

This has been a busy weekend for me. I think the nice weather brought out not only the buds on trees and flowers, but it energized people. I...