Sunday, December 21, 2008

We're in the middle of another big snowstorm tonight. It's been snowing all day and I guess we've had about a foot, from what Fred says and also what I'm hearing on the scanner. Road crews have been busy all day plowing and sanding. Fred has been out snow blowing three times just to keep tracks clear so if anyone absolutely needs to get out they could, but I think all our neighbors are staying close to the fire tonight. The storm is going to be moving out of the area during the night, but the crews are worried about 20-30 m.p.h. winds and blowing snow, and temperatures below zero. Sounds like blizzard conditions.

That's what Woody's been doing all day. He stretch
es out in front of the fire until he gets too warm and then hops into my chair or gets behind the footstool away from the heat. We caught him almost asleep in this shot. He doesn't seem to mind a hard maple pillow.

We are just about ready for the weatherization guys coming tomorrow. We're wondering if they'll make it ok. I'm not sure exactly where they'll be coming from, but driving could be a little dicey coming from any direction.

We took some pictures of the snow - Fred did some after he finished clearing paths for Henretta and us around mid day; Jamie had been out and cleaned his long driveway with his plow, "The Peach." I took more pictures after dark.
snow storm

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...