Sunday, December 21, 2008

News from Joe's Pond about a couple of our Joe's Pond Association members:

From Homer Fitts at about 5 o'clock Sunday evening -

Hi -
Just in case you happen to watch the Patriots or the Seahawks games today, the snow has been coming at Joe's Pond the same way since 10:00 this morning. It was O.K. as I went to church but sure different when I came out after the coffee hour. Just had over a foot the past two days also.
I have an appointment in Burlington at 10:00 Tues morning so I will probably go to Burlington Monday afternoon and stay at Ellen's. She will go to the Oncologist etc with me. Sure lucky she is around. She keeps track of my schedule etc. Also the results of blood tests etc. I will then stay until after Christmas with them.
Started new medicine, Velcade, Tuesday. Did something as I never got dressed Wed. or Thurs. Did go to oncologist again Friday but my white blood count was too low to give me any meds. They hope to give me more Velcade on Tuesday ? This is supposed to work on the cancer in the bone marrow.
Hope you all can enjoy a Happy and Healthy Holiday Season. Will be nice for me as it always is to be at Ellen's with her family. Plan to go to Church Christmas Eve with them. We go early and then they invite loads of people to their house after. I stay up for a while and then I usually sneak up to bed by 10:00. Santa knows where I will be.
Merry Christmas with Love,
Homer
Always check my blood counts first.
* * * * *
This from Michelle Parker at about 8:30 p.m. Sunday:

Just wanted to let you guys know that Dave was helping ref a basketball game and pulled his Achilles tendon. He is having surgery Christmas eve and will be in a cast for possibly 4 to 6 months. I guess this is really a bad injury according to the doctors. I'm taking good care of him though, and I guess my shutdown couldn't have come at a better time so that I will have time to do what I need to for him here and at his stores.
Merry Christmas to you all.
* * * * *
If anyone wants to contact either Homer or Dave, you can send mail to them as follows:

Homer Fitts, P. O. Box 146, W. Danville VT 05873;
e-mail: FITTSJOESPOND@aol.com

Dave Parker, 9 Buena Vista Circle, Barre VT 05641;
e-mail: parker3vt@peoplepc.com

* * * * *
Homer and Dave are not only faithful workers for JPA, but are also both really nice guys. It's tough to not be feeling your best any time, but especially hard during the busy holidays. I'm sure lots of us will be thinking of both Homer and Dave and their families in the coming days.

I also heard this weekend that Sherry LaPrade's father, Joe Magne, is seriously ill in hospital in Florida. Sherry and Andre have a home there, so Sherry is able to be with her dad. Our thoughts are with Sherry, Andre and the rest of the family.

I'll try to keep you posted on the progress of our friends.

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...