Saturday, December 20, 2008

News from Tom Dente -
Hi Jane,
Just to let you know we do get snow in Connecticut. We received 12.2 inches of the heaviest snow I have seen. It wasn't wet just dense where each shovel full was the same as lifting 2-3 bags of sugar. It looks beautiful but cold with the temperatures going to 5 degrees tonight. And guess what; another storm on the way for tomorrow with about 8-10 inches predicted. It is nice in a way because everyone helps neighbors with their driveways and walks and the conversation flows. A good side to the snow.
Tom

I guess we shouldn't complain - sounds as if the folks in Connecticut have their share of winter, too. Maybe we're alternating storms somehow. They got more than we did from this storm, but I think the next one is expected to dump something like 12-16 on us. Just in time for Christmas travel. I guess we all better just lay in the supplies and hope for the best. Good luck getting around for the holidays, Tom; hope you and Camilla have your shopping done . . . ! Take care and stay safe.

Our temperature here is around 8 degrees above zero right now, but I expect it could go lower during the night. Somehow it doesn't feel quite as cold with all this snow.

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...