Wednesday, April 23, 2008

From JPA president, Tom Dente -

April 19th, notice how tight the ice is to the shore even as most of the snow in the area has melted. This is on Clubhouse Circle which receives an abundance of sun since it is on the East side of the pond. The West shore tends to open up quicker due to the flow of water from Joes Brook not the sun.




Joe's Pond outlet on 4/19/08. Guess how much water is going over the dam? About 300,000 gallons per minute. Amazing!


It is amazing how much water is pouring into and out of the pond this time of the year. Tonight we've had a light rain shower with even a rumble of thunder. It seemed appropriate since the temperature has been over 70 degrees here today. It's going to get cooler tonight and for the next few days, but still above normal for April.

I had a very nice e-mail from Lori (Thorgalsen) Schrader:

Hi Jane,
I just wanted to say thanks (again) for making me feel like I'm back in VT, while still making my home here in FL with my family! Each day I log on with anticipation to see what is going on in the Danville area, and there is no better blog than your's! Although I haven't lived in VT for over 20 years, there are still memories of fall, winter, and spring (summertime memories are with me too, but the kids and I continue to make the journey north each year to create new ones). It was neat to see your sons' picture in the recent blog. I remember them all, as I am in their age group.
Recent stories of mud season and difficult driving conditions bring back visions that I'd probably rather not remember, but do...vividly! Thanks for taking me through the seasons, and for your updates on the people and businesses in the area. The pictures are great, and my kids enjoy watching the slide shows in fall and winter. My mother thinks I'm psychic when we talk on the phone. She wonders how I know so much about what is going on up there. Of course I give you credit though.
Thanks so much! (Wish I'd bought my ice-out tickets.)
Lori (Thorgalsen) Schrader

It's very nice to hear from Lori, and I'm very glad she enjoys the blog and the web site.

No comments:

News & Chatter

I was saddened this morning when I read in the Caledonian Record that Archie Prevost passed away. Archie was well known around Joe's P...