Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I have a short slide show that will let you know how well we're progressing here with our muddy roads and the melting snow and ice. The road continues to be a minor problem - passable, but certainly not good - and there are spots that threaten to become a challenge later on. I was surprised this morning when I went down Sandy Beach Road to the Richer's that there is open water stretching down the middle of the pond a good distance - I'd say about even with Brown Rd. where it connects to Old Homestead Rd. by the Allen camp. The ice is darkening and pulling away from the shoreline - it has all the signs of late spring breakup. I wouldn't dare guess how long it will be before the flag goes down and the clock stops so we have a winner of the Ice-Out Contest, though.

While at Evelyn and Ray's, they pointed out the loon just out from their shore. Evelyn said she first spotted him around 10 o'clock this morning. There is still some water on their lawn, but Ray said it has gone down some since the weekend.

The weather is again beautiful - so warm people are without jackets and if it weren't for some snowbanks from plowing or drifting, it would be hard to believe just a couple weeks ago we had snow everywhere.

Here are the pictures I took this morning.
Click here for April 23 photos

No comments:

News & Chatter

I was saddened this morning when I read in the Caledonian Record that Archie Prevost passed away. Archie was well known around Joe's P...