Friday, October 12, 2007

Emma Responds
I hope you saw Emma's "thank you" comment at the bottom of the page where her poem appeared a couple days ago. If not, scroll down a bit on this page until you come to her poem and you'll find it just below the ending.

If you're reading this, Emma, you are very welcome. It was a pleasure to read your poem; I liked it a lot. And I know from personal experience what a thrill it is to get published, so I can tell you it's a feeling you'll get every time you see your work in print, no matter how many times you're published. Keep up the good work, Emma. We enjoyed hearing from you and hope you or your Grandma Cyndy will send us another of your poems sometime.

*****
I had the following from Liz Randall tonight. We knew John was "working on his tractor" whenever he had some spare time, but who knew it would be this special?? Nice job, John!! Here are the "before" and "after" pictures Liz sent.

This tractor is a 1927 Farmall Regular on Steel Wheels. We found it behind a gas station where it sat for the last 20 years..I think this is what saved the steel wheels from rotting out since it was on pavement.
Thought you all would like to see my latest tractor project that we dragged home in March and just got done restoring the first week of October. --Liz & John Randall

*****
Tomorrow is the "really big" Apple Pie Festival in Cabot. If you haven't been to it in recent years, it might be fun for you tomorrow since the weather is probably going to be less than great for being outside - and after the winds we've had today (it's still blowing at 9:30 p.m.) there won't be many leaves left on the trees for foliage viewing, so it may be more fun to people-watch at this indoor event. I went to the gym today to help a little while setting up for tomorrow. There are going to be something like 40 crafters there. Plus there will be free entertainment and lots of food, fun and apple pie available for reasonable prices so you can have lunch with us and make a day of it. There are prizes for the best pies, and several contests going on. Buy a whole pie or a piece of pie. There's apple tasting, too, I'm told, and you can learn about different kinds of apples. There's also a silent auction that's got some pretty neat stuff in it - some antique tools, several very nice gift packages, and quite a few items that have never been taken out of their boxes - an insect zapper, a wrench set, a travel alarm clock - things like that. Ray Richer donated a really beautiful picture, there's a cane seated chair, maple syrup, etc. Something for everyone and you'll stand a good chance of getting the item you're interested in at a very reasonable price, too.

I'll be there with my camera, so I should have some photos for you tomorrow night or Sunday, depending on how many miles I've traveled around the gym and how tired I am tomorrow night. Hope to see lots of folks I know there tomorrow. All proceeds go to the Historical Society.






No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...