Sunday, July 14, 2024

Update on A Friend

 Good afternoon, Everyone! Finally - a day without rain! (so far, at least!!!)

With slightly lower humidity and some of the sogginess lessening inside and out, I managed to get some chores done today. Also, the online chatter seems to have quieted and items that floated away during the high water are getting back where they belong. Which reminds me, another of Cassella's recycling containers floated into the cove by the Dimick cottage this weekend and is presently sitting on Ward's beach - upright and intact, as near as we can tell. So if you are missing one, that could be it - or the one that came to the Dimick camp and last I heard was by the roadside, waiting to be picked up by its owner or by Cassella - which ever comes first, I guess. 

Now, the important information today is that I heard from Carolyn Hamilton. Friends and neighbors  had expected that she and Ned would be coming to camp very soon, but that isn't happening. Carolyn said she was mending well from her previous medical adventures earlier this summer, but then she fell again and broke her pelvis. This is not the good news we were hoping for, and I'm sure she must feel she's already been through enough pain, and seen enough doctors to last quite a while -- even more disheartening because she and Ned were on the verge of departing for Joe's Pond, and now that will once again be delayed. I know she would enjoy hearing from Joe's Pond friends, so you can send cards and messages to her at--

8151 Green Mountain Rd, Boynton Beach, FL 33473

Hoping you heal quickly, Carolyn, and we look forward to seeing you here soon!

No comments:

Catching Up

I've been fairly quiet on my blog recently and it's time to catch up on things. Autumn seems to be an unusually busy time - I usuall...