Sunday, June 23, 2024

Wind/Hail Storm Warning

 Our area is under a Severe Storm Warning today, so please be prepared. According to the National Weather Service, we could have strong, damaging straight-line wind and tornadoes later today. It is expected that as the cloud cover lifts, storms will gain strength and could be a serious threat. Be sure small objects are secured under cover so they don't become flying missiles, an watch for signs the weather is changing. These storms can for quickly, without much warning. If you go out on the water, be extra watchful. The danger of severe storms this afternoon increases as the cloud cover lifts.

We were fortunate that the weather was quite cooperative last evening during the JPA ham supper. There were a few sprinkles just as we were leaving, and then the rain became steadier. I measured .62 inches in my weather staion this morning, and we've had a little rain since then (9 a.m. is my measuring time!). We have had gusty winds most of the morning.

The dinner last night was exceptional. Everything was delicious - there was an abundance of everything - ham, macaroni and cheese, coleslaw, molded fruit salad, and rolls. And then the dessert table! My goodness, I was so stuffed when I got home! It was a very nice evening and so nice to see and talk with so many friends there. I thought it might be uncomfortably cool at the pavilion, but it was just about the right temperature for me - the side curtains did a nice job of keeping the weather out, and yet there was plenty of fresh air throughout the evening.  Thanks to Jamie, I have pictures - I was so busy chatting with people and enjoying my me, I never even though of taking pictures! Some "reporter" I am!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are wonderful and we “Ponders” know it!!!🤩

Lost Item & Cabot Road Damage Report

Patty Coffrin at the narrows between 2nd and 3rd ponds, wrote this: I’m still missing a red Adirondack plastic chair. It blew off our dock ...