Friday, June 21, 2024

Notice

Here is a copy of the agenda for our next Joe's Pond Association meeting on July 6, 2024. Meetings begin at 10 a.m. This is our Annual Meeting, and it is important for you to be there in order to vote on upcoming issues. 

Today is much more comfortable - starting off about 20 degrees lower than yesterday at about 64F. I am happy to have it cooler, and we also had over half an inch of rain in the past 24 hours. However, the water level in my pond isn't up much and there is very little running in from the pond and springs above it. I think the parched ground acted like a sponge, taking every drop of rain and allowing very little runoff. Everything is fresh and lush again after being pretty dusty with pollen and actually some dust from the road below. Nice to have things washed down!

Many thanks to those of you who commented on my pink chair creation! I have another, very similar chair that has a combination of that same pink webbing and a couple of strips of purple. It is faded and will look pretty awful beside the "new" chair, so I will probably do that one, too. They will brighten up my garage space nicely! I do sit out there quite often - it's handy when I'm working outside and want to get out of the sun for a little rest, but I'm not always able to avoid the bugs. The black flies earlier, now mosquitoes and deer flies. I have a sometimes too-friendly red squirrel that dashes across the driveway in front of me whenever I sit down in the garage. It is as if he is tracking me. Maybe it is ust his way of saying "Hello," but sometimes he startles me when he comes too close. He's probablyt the same one I harass all winter at the bird feeder, so I worry he's seeking revenge!

Now I need to get to work. Time's a-wasting! Instead of "making hay while the sun shines," I'm looking forward to "getting work done while the sun doesn't shine." Enjoy the day, wherever you are.

1 comment:

Sharon DeWitt said...

Thanks for posting the agenda!

Lost Item & Cabot Road Damage Report

Patty Coffrin at the narrows between 2nd and 3rd ponds, wrote this: I’m still missing a red Adirondack plastic chair. It blew off our dock ...