Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Rosalie Harris

 Very sad news today: Rosalie Harris, longtime summer resident on Old Homestead Road, passed away at her home in St. Johnsbury on July 17, 2021.

I've known Rosalie for many years she was one of the first people I met when I went to work/live in St. Johnsbury in about 1950. She took an interest in anyone and everyone she met, not out of curiosity - she was there to advise or assist if or when needed. Truly a wonderful human. Seeing all the things she was involved in, I am impressed and amazed, but not surprised. She was a dynamo of energy and kept very busy while raising a wonderful family. Very special person. I hadn't seen Rosalie for several years, but every now and then I had a note from her, and it was always a joy to feel connected somehow. I feel a true sense of personal loss, but I realize her passing has a much larger impact; her family, so many friends, and the entire community. There should be more Rosalies in our world. My deepest sympathy to her family.


No comments:

Spring Thoughts and Trials

 I heard the first frogs of the season on Tuesday. I was working on getting my porch set up ready for summer weather and realized there were...