Saturday, July 31, 2021

Reminder

 I just want to remind everyone about the Pig Roast a week from tonight at the Joe's Pond Association pavilion. Tickets are $20 and the meal is always wonderful. Plus, there are a lot of fun and interesting people who go to these suppers. Not just Joe's Pond residents, but from the surrounding communities. The thing is, if you want to go, you really need to get your tickets NOW! The last few days before the event, tickets will be in high demand. I just ordered ours, and we're looking forward to a great meal and a fun evening. 

Today has been very quiet my carpenter friends off for the weekend. Actually, they only got half a day in on Friday. They got the roof finished (left) and then it began to rain. Curt had to come on his motorcycle because the battery in his car died, so he was anxious to head for home when it began to sprinkle rain; Randy had plans for the weekend, so it was good for him, too. It was good that they quit when they did - it rained quite hard a couple of hours later. 

Jamie stopped by on his way home from work yesterday and we went out onto the "porch" and decided where the railings should be (between screens). I didn't want it to be in my line of vision, but because the porch is raised quite high above ground level on two sides, we thought it best to have a railing there for safety's sake. Jamie brought tape (see pink tape in picture at right) and we both eyeballed the imaginary railing. We left the tape for Randy and Curt when they come back on Monday. 

Friday wasn't a great day for painting and I had to wait longer than usual between coats, so I didn't accomplish much. Today was different. I got a lot done, but darn it, the weather is more like late August rather than the beginning. It was downright chilly working in the garage. I layered up, and even though I was busy and moving around, I was happy to come inside mid morning to warm up a bit. It would have been fine in the sunshine, but I had things open for good circulation and that cold wind seemed to channel right through the garage. Good for drying paint, but chilly for working. I dashed out a few minutes ago to take this picture and it's really getting chilly.  My thermometer is reading 57 next to the driveway, and 55 on the front deck. The air feels like fall. I put the garage door down and it's several degrees warmer in the garage than it is outside. I hope we don't get a frost!

We are expecting more rain tomorrow, but I only have a few more boards to finish, so it will be ok. I'll have everything done by the time they get here to begin working on Monday - or on Tuesday if it's still  raining. I think the rain is supposed to end sometime Monday a.m. but I may not have any workers here until Tuesday. I think they have some inside work that they can be doing and may take care of that rather than come here. I'm ok with that. They have made good progress, and I don't mind a day or two of quiet! I have emails and other projects to catch up on - plus, I haven't been getting in my usual nap after lunch most days! I don't intend to nap, but I usually watch the noon news and Across the Fence, depending on what the program is about; then I watch Young and the Restless soap opera, if I'm not too busy with something more important. That's when I involuntarily take a nap! But not so much lately with all the pounding and sawing going on. I was thinking today - the weather better get a lot warmer once that porch is finished. I want a chance to enjoy it before snow flies!

No comments:

Spring Thoughts and Trials

 I heard the first frogs of the season on Tuesday. I was working on getting my porch set up ready for summer weather and realized there were...