Thursday, July 29, 2021

 I received a note from Jim Gabert this morning (Old Homestead Road):  My wife and I are in the process of selling our camp and we have 2 kayaks we’d like you to post on the blog for sale. Both kayaks are 12 foot Wilderness Systems Pungo 120’S. They’re both in excellent condition and only used lightly when we’re there in the summer, and stored indoors for the winter. Both kayaks come with paddles and life-vests. We paid $725 each for them and would like to sell them at $500 each. Our home # is (717) 767-4818 and my cell # is (717) 817-4745.

I'm sorry to learn Jim and Carla are leaving Joe's Pond - but as we all know, over time circumstances change causing us to make life changes. We will miss them.

There have been lots of changes during the past year. The real estate market is apparently booming and this is an excellent time to sell property. It seems lots of people are seeing Vermont as a preferred place to live - for a variety of reasons. And I can understand that - there is no place I'd rather live than where I am. In spite of sometimes bitterly cold weather,  long, snowy months, muddy roads, black flies, ticks and often limited opportunities, we are very fortunate here in the north country. 

I don't have a handle on everything that might threaten my serenity, but my screened porch is going to go a long way in controlling how many pests can reach me (human variety not considered - I'll still get robo calls . . . .) Yesterday was Day 10 and half the roof is on. They will do the other half today and work out some flashing problems and getting vinyl siding back in place. I'm working on putting the finish on the wainscoting that will go on the ceiling. With a couple of good drying days ahead, that will go quickly.  I have a system! Randy put up a drying rack for me, so I'm back at it today. I have to go to St. J. for a haircut and a few groceries later this morning, but will be back at work after lunch.

The memorial for Billy Rossi was lovely yesterday. It was so nice to see his mom, Alba, who is 105; and so many friends and members of his and Dianne's family. It was a large crowd, but I'm sure Billy would have approved and would have appreciated such a nice party. It was truly a celebration of the life of a man who had many, many friends who cared deeply for him.

Our weather is going to be unusually cool for the next few days, and that's good for working outside, but not so great for vacationers. We'll warm up again, but for now, it sure is feeling a bit like fall. Too soon, but there will still be some nice weather left for all of us to enjoy.

No comments:

AND THE WINNER IS . . . !

The winner of the 2024 Joe's Pond Ice-Out Contest is Stuart Ramsdell of Danville. Stuart is retired and bought five tickets at Hastings ...