Sunday, August 01, 2021

Lorraine Porter

 Another long-time Joe's Ponder has passed away. Lorraine Porter (Sandy Beach Road) died in June. I just learned of her passing; she hasn't been at the pond for several years, not since her husband, Phil Porter, passed away. Phil and Lorraine loved Joe's Pond, and we always looked forward to seeing them over the years. Phil worked for one of the electric power companies and commuted to work from Joe's Pond during the summer. Lorraine seemed to be a perfect balance for her out-going husband, and she will be dearly missed by her family and friends. If you wish to send condolences to the family, you can send them to Lorraine's home, 1333 Santa Barbara Blvd, #569, Cape Coral FL 33991. That is the last address I had for her.

More rain today, and chilly. I've had another bout of vertigo - probably brought on because I have not been on a very good sleep schedule lately. Or just the arthritis flaring up and pinching off some nerves in the back of my neck. Who knows? Today has been a very quiet one for me - painting put on hold (not a good drying day, anyway) and after taking a meclizine this morning, I've slept a good portion of the day. However, I don't think I'll have a problem sleeping tonight. I've been up for a while, had something to eat, looked at email, and now I'm really tired! Incredible! I was grateful I had nothing important scheduled, so I could laze around all I wanted. I hope tomorrow I'm completely clear of the dizziness and fuzzy feeling so I can get back to painting and life as usual. After all these years dealing with occasional vertigo, I've learned to just give in and stay in bed when it happens.

 

No comments:

AND THE WINNER IS . . . !

The winner of the 2024 Joe's Pond Ice-Out Contest is Stuart Ramsdell of Danville. Stuart is retired and bought five tickets at Hastings ...