Diane took this picture as the sun was rising this morning.
Friday, April 09, 2021
Still Ticking!
An early-morning email and photo from Diane Rossi and the Ice-Out Committee shows the block still out there and the clock is still ticking. The wind seems to have changed direction a bit this morning, coming out of the southeast - so that will move the ice a bit more and may hasten melting. So far the sun hasn't been as intense as it was yesterday, there seems to be a thin, high cloud cover that will lessen the intensity of heat the sun produces, but the temperature is still in the low 60s here at my house. We will keep you posted - I may have more news later today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Buttoning Up for Winter!
When I mentioned a couple days ago that there will be a turkey dinner served in Cabot on Saturday, September 26, I didn't have all the i...
-
This has been a chilly, rather dull day. Having to set the clocks back last night made everything a bit topsy-turvey today, I suppose, but ...
-
Winter is still here, and so is the Ice-Out Contest block! No sign of it sinking yet! As I write this, we are having another snow squall - ...
-
The past couple of weeks have been pretty busy and today I took a little time to go through some of my files to see what needs to be put aw...

No comments:
Post a Comment