Let's start the day with a little Coronavirus humor. This photo was published in USA Today, and Andy Rudin passed it on to me. In times like this, we need a chuckle, and I hope this does it - not as glamorous as Diane Rossi's snowoman yesterday, but worthy of a spot on the blog all the same.
Today is going to be a little warmer than yesterday, but there is still plenty of snow and looking outside, it looks more like January than late March. It is already 33 degrees and will be getting well into the 40s later on. Spring-like temperatures, winter scenery - what could be better than that? Too bad the ski areas are closed due to Covid19. It would be a glorious day to ski.
We have sad news. One of the area's best-known "characters," Bert Frye passed away on March 15. Bert was 77. He was always ready with conversation. His knowledge of the area and history were no doubt a result of his frequent visits to Hastings Store where he chatted with neighbors and strangers, collecting bits of information and passing on his own take on any given subject. We always looked forward to seeing Bert. He provided much appreciated information for our West Danville history book, and was a good friend. He will be missed by many in the area. To see Bert's obituary, go to Caledonian Record.
Wednesday, March 25, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's Autumn in the Kingdom!
First of all, I goofed last week and somehow a message from Barry Cahoon with an update on our milfoil successes this summer failed to get p...
-
Winter is still here, and so is the Ice-Out Contest block! No sign of it sinking yet! As I write this, we are having another snow squall - ...
-
The past couple of weeks have been pretty busy and today I took a little time to go through some of my files to see what needs to be put aw...
-
It is always sad when I have to report that someone close to the Joe[s Pond community has passed away. I recently learned that a long-time J...

No comments:
Post a Comment