Thursday, August 01, 2019

The following came from George Parizo today:
 
Reading in the Cabot Chronicle about Invasive Plants. We have a patch of Wild Parsnips along the brook across the road from the camp and under our fevered apple tree. I noticed a couple of plants last fall.  When I drove down to get the mail this afternoon, I saw some on the lake side of West Shore Road right after Sandy Beach Road.  The Plants were not there last year. Next time I get the car out I will check the road up past your house but I don’t think it’s up that far yet. We walked the rail trail a couple of weeks ago and I didn’t see any on the sides of the trail (yet). Route 2 all the way down to ST-J is plastered with the nasty plants.  
George Parizo

Please be aware of this noxious plant. If the sap gets on your skin, it will cause painful blisters when you are exposed to sunlight - not something you want to have happen. Thank you, George, for warning us about this infestation. 

No comments:

Spring Thoughts and Trials

 I heard the first frogs of the season on Tuesday. I was working on getting my porch set up ready for summer weather and realized there were...