Sunday, June 02, 2019

     I expect you all noticed the change in the appearance of the blog today. Fred has been updating the website so it will be more compatible with hand-held devices, and that led me to check out how the blog was being received on the smaller devices. Obviously, it needed a change. So there it is - for better or for worse. Better, I hope. You can still subscribe so you'll receive the blog as an email whenever I make a new post -- top of the page, under the title. Lots of people have told me they really like that feature.
     I don't have anything new to contribute today except that the weather is still iffy - we had just a little bit of rain last night and today it's warmish - finally hit 70 degrees just now and there will be thunder storms later in the day in some areas. We simply can't seem to break the "rain a little every day" habit this spring. It's still quite nice, though, and just about time for me to put my indoor house plants out on the deck for the summer. I don't think we'll have another frost now - but it could happen. It's not unusual to have a frost in early June just as the apple blossoms are forming. This can sometimes seriously damage the apple crop and other tender plants that are up in gardens. If we can make it through another week or so, we should be safe.
     Now I'm going to have lunch and spend most of the afternoon here at my computer. We are pressing to get the West Danville history book finished by late fall, so we'll all be in "writers' mode" which means relative seclusion in order to buckle down and get it done! If I don't answer the phone, leave a message. It's crunch time!

No comments:

Update & Request

 Marti Talbot, Carolyn Hamilton's sister-in-law, emailed me this morning to thank everyone who has reached out to Carolyn while she'...