Wednesday, June 26, 2019

How nice it was that the thunder storms seemed to have passed us by tonight. I saw a couple flashes and heard a little thunder, but we certainly didn't get the major wind and rain some other areas got. We probably don't need any more rain right now, either. I measured .80 inch this morning. I was surprised we got that much yesterday. On top of the two inches we got last Friday, we are wetter than normal.


I got some pictures of the sky over our house tonight - it was beautiful with the trees silhouetted against it. And there was an enormous rainbow that reached completely across the sky southeast of us. It was in a little different position than what we usually see, probably because it was late in the evening, but the pictures show it pretty well just the same. Really nice - and the air is mellow.








I've been working on the book today. I have a number of chapters to format now our editor has finished looking at them. That is a frustrating exercise, believe me. We are doing the manuscript in Word because we need to use lots of footnotes, and Word does a nice job of keeping track of those; but formatting the text into columns and inserting photos is really tricky. It's coming along, though, and I'm doing chapters individually so I don't have as many items to juggle when something gets changed.

I noticed in the Times Argus that Steven Somerville's sister, Carrie Benedickson, passed away. Steven and his wife, Sarah, share the camp that used to be Lucenti's on West Shore Road with Randall and Andrea Carbonneau. If you would like to send a card to Steven, his address is P. O. Box 515, Barre, VT 05641. Carrie was only 59. We are very sorry for her family.

Also, Stephen Mark Baker, brother of Kate Bertolini  (Cove Road) passed away on May 31.  Last year in July, their mother, Dot Baker, passed away. If you would like to send a note to Kate, her address is P. O. Box 86, West Danville, VT 05873. Our sincere sympathy goes to Kate and her family - we are thinking of them.

We hope lovely memories help ease the pain these families are feeling. I'm sure kind words help, but only time can mend the broken hearts of those left behind. This has been an unusually sad spring for the Joe's Pond community.

No comments:

Spring Thoughts and Trials

 I heard the first frogs of the season on Tuesday. I was working on getting my porch set up ready for summer weather and realized there were...