Tuesday, May 28, 2019


  Today was another disappointment weather-wise. I received this lovely photo from Gretchen Farnsworth (Sandy Beach Road) today, so apparently the day started off quite promising - however, I wouldn't know because I was sound asleep at the time Gretchen was out there taking the picture. If you know the old saying, "Red sunrise at morning, sailors take warning," the day proved the adage absolutely correct. We had cold, miserable rainy weather most of the day. It's been in the 40s all day - and tomorrow isn't going to be much different. Perhaps a little warmer, but still well below normal temperatures and possibly some rain - again. Very pretty picture, and thank you, Gretchen.
    Gretchen said from her living room she can see the loon nest on Pearl Island using her binoculars. I'm hoping she will keep an eye on them and let us know how they are doing. I can't help wondering why they abandoned the floating platform they have successfully used for so many years. I guess even loon families need a change of scenery after a while.  
     I will remind those of you who will be going to the service for Billy Keach tomorrow - 11 a.m. at the Joe's Pond Association pavilion - it will be chilly there. The side curtains help, but the place is by no means draft free, and there is no heat, so please dress accordingly. 
 

 

No comments:

Update & Request

 Marti Talbot, Carolyn Hamilton's sister-in-law, emailed me this morning to thank everyone who has reached out to Carolyn while she'...