Thursday, May 30, 2019

Frances Prevost

We learned today of the passing of Frances Bogardus Prevost, less than two weeks from her 101st birthday. "Fran," as she was affectionately known in West Danville, came to live at Joe's Pond with her husband, Col. Jules Prevost, in 1968. They built a beautiful home on the Route 15 side of the middle pond and stayed there year around until a few years before her death when she moved to the Greensboro Nursing Home. A celebration of her life will be held at the West Danville Methodist Church on June 1, at 2 p.m.  Our condolences to her family. 
    We attended the celebration of the life of our friend, Billy Keach this morning. The Joe's Pond pavilion was packed to over-flowing. Billy had many, many friends throughout the area. He graduated from St. Johnsbury Academy and after serving in the military, returned to St. Johnsbury and eventually worked with his father, Ken Keach doing  carpentry. That was how I came to know Billy. Actually, my son Bill recommended him when I was looking for someone to renovate my parents' house when Fred and I moved here. Billy was great to work with - he tolerated my whims and figured out ways to preserve some of the work my father did when he built this house. Later, I knew Billy as a staunch supporter of Joe's Pond Association and we looked forward to seeing him at meetings and social events. We learned a great deal more about him today, and no surprise - how much he meant to so many people. I heard more than a few say how much he would have enjoyed seeing all those who were there today. It's hard to say goodbye, and we will miss him at every meeting, every social gathering. Our thoughts are with Bo and the family. I know it was a hard day for them. I hope it helped to know so many people cared for their loved one so much.

No comments:

Update & Request

 Marti Talbot, Carolyn Hamilton's sister-in-law, emailed me this morning to thank everyone who has reached out to Carolyn while she'...