Friday, April 12, 2019

    We may be getting a little break from winter weather, finally. We have rain and warmer temperatures in the forecast, and I just noticed there is a little rain falling already -- the temperature here at our house in 41 degrees. That should move things along.
     We unexpectedly took a break from everything today. We both had a bit of cabin fever and decided to "get out of Dodge" for a bit. One of the newspapers this week had a page of advertising (and coupons!) from "99" Restaurant announcing their "colossal lobster roll" was back on the menu, and that was like a "sign" for both of us. It must be spring if the colossal lobster roll is back! To make the trip less frivolous, there were a couple of items I'd been looking for that I was pretty sure I could get at Walmart, and that was enough to make the jaunt seem a little more practical. I normally don't go anywhere for just one reason - it is the same mentality that has me grocery shopping every two weeks, and scheduling more than one appointment on the same day to save extra trips. 
     And then there comes a time when you just know you have to get out of the house, do something fun and interesting, see people and forget about being frugal or sensible. Maybe, just maybe, when you get back home you'll feel a little more relaxed and can overlook the snow and the wind, and this endless winter and the inevitable mud season - but I'm not going there.
     So we got our "spring break" - brought home more lobster than we could eat at one sitting, found the stuff I was needing at Walmart's and it proved to be a really good break in our routine and tonight I'm back at my computer, Fred's got the website pages under control and we are  happy to have played hooky for an afternoon.
   

No comments:

Spring Weather/Good News

 Thank goodness we have a rainy day today! Yesterday was so nice I was outside probably more than my winter-weary body needed, so today I...