Saturday, February 16, 2019

     We've seen just about all the different kinds of weather there is this past week. We went from well below zero to rain and back again several times, with a new coat of snow with each change. This amounted to snow every day. We thought today was going to be different - the beginning of a stretch of nice, sunny days. We got the sun, but along with it, more snow! The sun was shining brightly this afternoon and there were lovely fluffy, sparkling snowflakes falling steadily. I wish I'd thought to look for a rainbow. There must have been one out there. A few minutes later the wind was blowing a gale and for a few minutes we had blizzard conditions, like in March. Or January. It sure is interesting weather this year. 
     In a way, it's been really good for me because I've needed to stay at my computer writing every day. When the weather is nasty, that isn't bad duty! We walked up to wish Jamie "Happy Birthday" last night, and it was really quite nice. We knew there was lots of ice underfoot, but we both had our creepers on, so we were able to manage very well.
     I looked out this morning at the measuring pole I finally got put up out in the back yard, thinking I'd report how many feet of snow there is on the ground. The pole was completely covered with snow the whole length of it so I couldn't read any of the numbers at all. I would guess there's about three feet out there, but honestly, I can't figure out how to get out to actually measure it. There are high snowbanks everywhere that sort of create a wall that's higher than I want to try to navigate. I've tried that a few times in the past and it's a bear to get up there with all the gear I have to take to measure the snow depth. I'm sure my measurements won't be missed all that much.
     I took this picture of our deck a few nights ago. Interesting, isn't it?

No comments:

Spring Thoughts and Trials

 I heard the first frogs of the season on Tuesday. I was working on getting my porch set up ready for summer weather and realized there were...