Saturday, May 12, 2018

I've been pretty busy. I had my regular eye appointment on Thursday - only this time I went to Berlin instead of Shelburne. I really appreciate being able to go there - so much shorter distance, and the patient flow seems to be better there. No long wait time at all. I hope I can continue to have my appointments there.
     However, not all was great this week. My computer failed after doing an update. We tried everything, but still I couldn't access any of my programs. Fortunately, Fred was able to get to my stuff from his computer since we are hooked up to share, and put everything he could on a thumb drive. Since we were going to Montpelier area anyway, we took the computer to North Branch Tech Services. Turns out, the computer was pretty messed up - not unusual, they said, at about age five and frequently happens during/after updating. I guess it gets old and tired like humans and when all the new stuff comes hurtling at it, the poor old thing just gives up. So it's getting an overhaul and being rebuilt into something really jazzy - fast and nimble and good for another five years or so - or more. In the meantime, I sort of had to wing it to get labels done for the newsletter, but that's all taken care of now, and as of today they are "in the mail," for real.
     This morning Gretchen Farnsworth (Sandy Beach Road) sent this gorgeous photo taken from their house earlier today. 

We surely live in a beautiful part of the country. Joe's Pond is special.





No comments:

Spring Thoughts and Trials

 I heard the first frogs of the season on Tuesday. I was working on getting my porch set up ready for summer weather and realized there were...