Monday, May 07, 2018

Good Morning! We have a beautiful spring morning - bright sunshine and warming temperature (52 on my shaded thermometer, well over 80 on the sunny deck) but there is a little breeze that is coolish - not quite summer yet.
     Andy Rudin sent me a very interesting article this morning. I think Vermont has had a record maple crop this spring, but this article will shed new light on the new trends happening and some of the financial aspects of the industry. Sugarin' isn't something farmers do in the spring just to give them a little extra cash and something to take up their time until it's time to plant crops anymore. It's way bigger and more sophisticated than we would have dreamed it could be 25-30 years ago, even. Take a few minutes to at least scan through. I think you'll find it fascinating. Click Here for article.

No comments:

Spring Thoughts and Trials

 I heard the first frogs of the season on Tuesday. I was working on getting my porch set up ready for summer weather and realized there were...