Wednesday, February 28, 2018

This has been a beautiful spring-like day. We've registered temps in the 50s and there's a bit of melting going on. There should be pretty good sap runs I think, so perhaps producers will have a good maple season this year. Last night was cool, but I'm not sure if it got below freezing or not. The low showing on one of my thermometers is 49 degrees, but I think it got colder than that during the night. I haven't been paying attention to my other, more sophisticated weather station, so that is generally messed up until I sit down with it and reprogram, I guess.
     I received this reminder from Helen Morrison about the yard sale this Saturday for the benefit of Kingdom Animal Shelter:

Hi Folks,
     As you can see by the poster on the right, we are having a Yard Sale on Saturday, Mar. 3 to benefit Kingdom Animal Shelter.
     If you or a friend have any items they might be interested in donating to the sale, that would be wonderful.  Let me know and I will make arrangements to pick them up.
     As you can also see, we would love gently used items...but no clothing, electronics, or skis.
Let me know.
     Thank you. Helen - 802-563-2488
 (Click on image to read full size.)

     We had a busy day yesterday. Fred had an occupational therapist visit in the morning and a physical therapist in the afternoon. They put him through his paces with exercises designed to strengther his muscles. He did a lot of exercises after they left, including walking here in the house, so he's determined to get his stamina back a.s.a.p. Today I notice he's taking things a little more slowly, but he did accompany me to the mailbox and back - up our fairly steep driveway, and several steps onto the deck to get into the house, none of which seemed to bother him at all. I think the fresh air may be good for him. It was about 52 degrees in the shade, so very comfortable with jackets on.
     Tomorrow is the day the pay on-line Ice-Out tickets will once again be available. We've had several inquiries from people who wanted to access the page and couldn't, but we have only had the page active during the month of March in past years, so that's how we're doing it this year. This will be an interesting Ice-Out Contest, I think. The weather has been all over the place, so who knows how thick the ice is or what kind of weather there will be this spring?
That's all part of the fun, not being able to predict with any authority whatsoever when the block will go down and stop the clock. I'll let everyone know when the apparatus is out on the ice and will give you regular ice reports as we get them. Fred will also have regular reports on home page. Watch for the reports and get in the contest!
 
    

No comments:

Regulations and Seasonal Changes

 The change to Vermont's boating regulations regarding wake boats went into effect on April 15. One of the new regulations I wasn't...