Sunday, February 04, 2018

Every now and then something really nice happens on an otherwise dreary day, and that happened to me today. I had an email from Butch Bouchard (Sandy Beach Road) with a link to another of his son's drone videos. What could be nicer as we sit watching snowflakes falling and swirling off the roof on another typical winter day than watching people frolicking on Joe's Pond on a beautiful summer day? Click "link" above, or HERE to watch the video.  And thanks, Butch, for thinking to send that to us. It gives all of us here in the cold something to look forward to!
     I guess lots of folks will be watching the Super Bowl tonight. I don't follow football at all, but Fred does, and we'll both be watching tonight. He will need to explain to me a lot of what's happening on the field, but then there are the commercials, and those can be entertaining sometimes - or not. Sometimes they are just plain silly. I used to laugh at my mother years ago when someone would tell a joke and she just didn't think it was funny; but now I understand perfectly. Sometimes I think she really didn't "get it," but other times I knew she just thought it was foolishness, and that's the way I feel, more and more often as the years go by. But I appreciate cleverness and sometimes just knowing how much time, effort and MONEY it takes to put these ads together is enough to get my attention.
     By the way, in case you missed it on WCAX this weekend, they mentioned that Lindsay Richardson, from Berlin, Vermont, will be dancing with Justin Timberlake at half time tonight. Watch for her. Here's a link to a short video - LINK. Here's another short video of Lindsay. Nice to know she's doing what she loves and is successful.
     I just had a nice email from our friend, Bill Jones - he became a grandfather today! He's going to be a neat granddad. Bill lost his wife, Janet, only a few weeks ago, so I expect welcoming this robust little baby boy into the family is just what the family needed.
     

No comments:

Regulations and Seasonal Changes

 The change to Vermont's boating regulations regarding wake boats went into effect on April 15. One of the new regulations I wasn't...