Friday, February 02, 2018

This is going to be a cold night! The sun hasn't dipped all the way behind the hill yet, and already my thermometer is showing only 1.3F. There is a mean northwest wind blowing right down West Shore Road that is dropping the wind chill to about minus twenty. I would say the groundhog certainly saw his shadow today, at least  here in the Northeast Kingdom, in spite of what Gary Sadowsky said on the noon weathercast. The sun hasn't been shining full force, but certainly enough to cast a shadow - in between gusts of wind and blowing snow. I think most of us here at Joe's Pond know we'll have at least the months of February and March to enjoy winter weather.
     Some of you will be interested that Alban and Margaret Richey have sold their two cottages on North Shore Road to Jamie Milne's daughter, Caroline and her husband, David. David recently contacted me to get set up with Joe's Pond Association, and we welcome them.
    Margaret and Alban Richey have been here a long time, and we'll miss them, but how nice it is that Jane Milne's granddaughter will be close by - that end of the road is pretty much a family complex. Well done.
     I decided it was too icy to walk down to the mailbox today, so I took the car. Seems silly to drive the car three or so rods to the mailbox, but it's a lot better than inching down the driveway with my creepers that have a tenancy to turn int skates when it is this cold and the ice is super hard. Besides that, there's no soft place to fall unless I want to walk in the snowbank, which I don't. It went very well and I actually made two trips - because I forgot to put some mail in the box for tomorrow. Oh, well, it got done, and I'm back in the house, safe and sound, watching the wind blow.

No comments:

Update & Request

 Marti Talbot, Carolyn Hamilton's sister-in-law, emailed me this morning to thank everyone who has reached out to Carolyn while she'...